Dr Billinghurst BARF - Kangaroo 2.72kg (12 portions)
Best Value Buy Raw Dog Food
VIP Club: $26.55
Notify me when back in stock
Volume Discounts are available for this product:
SAVE total $2.90 (6%) for 2 boxes of any flavour. SAVE total $11.84 (12.4%) buy 4 boxes of any flavour. Delivered in Brisbane.
2.72 kg per box = 12 paties of 227g
Kangaroo is the only truly ‘wild’ meat available on a large scale in Australia; completely free range.
Doctor B’s Kangaroo Recipe BARF is low in fat and high in protein, making it a good choice for dogs with pancreatitis or obesity, or other conditions requiring a low fat diet. It is complete and balanced for all life stages of dogs, but the low fat makes it less suitable as the sole diet for a growing small breed puppy, a pregnant or lactating bitch or highly active working dog. It can be fed to these dogs in rotation with other Doctor B’s ‘flavours’.
- less active or overweight animals
- animals requiring a low fat diet (e.g. chronic pancreatitis)
Not so good for:
- growing puppies
- pregnant or lactating females
- active working dogs
Please read before ordering: BARF can be delivered only in Brisbane area
This product should be placed into freezer immediately or as soon as possible
Please specify the time of delivery as we will require for someone to be available at the premises to accept the goods
Feeding Guide for Dogs
Because Doctor B’s BARF patties for dogs are formulated according to the principles of Evolutionary Nutrition, they may be fed as the whole diet; ideally, they can be combined with varying proportions of raw meaty bones, with or without the addition of other whole raw healthy foods, such as vegetables and fruit.
Important: To avoid over-feeding (and obesity) when feeding Doctor B’s BARF together with other healthy foods, reduce patties proportionally to the amount of other foods included in the diet. The following guides use Doctor B’s BARF patties for dogs as the whole diet.
A rough ‘rule of thumb’ of how many Doctor B’s BARF patties to feed per day is to work it out is as a percentage of bodyweight (although it may vary a little with the energy content of the BARF patty).
- Healthy adult dogs, or older dogs which are not exercising: feed approx. 2-3% of bodyweight daily, divided into 2 meals.
- Dogs on a weight loss program: reduce feeding level by up to 20-30%, depending on the amount of weight to be lost and overall regime.
- Active healthy young adult dogs which exercise daily (but not excessively): feed approx. 3-4% of bodyweight daily, divided into 2 meals.
- Working, racing or highly active dogs: feed approx. 3-6% of bodyweight daily. Food with a higher fat content to increase the energy supply (e.g. Doctor B’s BARF high energy patties) is ideal. Reduce feeding level when not active or working.
- Small to medium breed puppies: feed 3-6% of bodyweight daily, divided into 3-4 small meals. Adjust based on activity level. Reduce as they reach adulthood.
- Large to giant breed puppies: feed 2-4% of bodyweight per day, divided into 3-4 meals. Ensure these puppies grow slowly, so moderate, or even some reduced energy patties may be suitable. If high energy patties are desired to be fed, add extra vegetable pulp (from a juicer) and reduce patties to make the dog feel fuller and reduce energy density of the food.
- Pregnant females: feed approx. 2-4% of bodyweight (depending on activity level) for the first ⅔ of pregnancy, divided into 2 meals. For the last ⅓ of pregnancy, increase to 3-5% of bodyweight daily, divided into 2-4 meals.
- Lactating females: feed approx. 3-6% of bodyweight daily, up to free choice, depending on litter size and age of the pups. Divide into as many meals as required up to free choice.
Doctor B’s BARF patties for dogs are divided into three ‘energy’ contents: high, moderate and reduced energy. Feeding guides for each flavour by weight, life stage and activity level are in the links which follow. Note that these are guides only. Always adjust the amount you feed your dog to maintain the desired body weight and condition.
- When received this dog food must be placed in the freezer immediately.
- Do not cook.
- De-frost naturally or in the microwave.
- Follow the instructions from the manufacturer.
We accept the following type of payments:
We also accept pay-by-phone and cash on collection.
We offer a delivery of Frozen Food in Brisbane region only.
We also accept collection of your order from Springwood, QLD post code 4127 location.For full delivery information go to: Delivery and Shipment
Delivery time frame
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Get 4 Pet users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.